Reinvent lump sugar!
Sugar cubes are firmly rooted in the habits of French families, who consume them all day long in hot drinks. Their shape (rectangular, round, square, etc.) and size (traditional no. 4, half-cube, etc.) are designed to suit each person’s taste and preference. Sugar cubes are therefore the true ambassador of our hot drinks.
Daddy is a key player in the French sugar market, where families have used its products for 35 years. The brand cultivates an original spirit, free from constraints, which has always enabled it to innovate for the greater benefit of consumers. Daddy has often upset conventions in a traditional market in order to stay in tune with society.
Daddy has created a whole world around quite a basic product: the sugar cube. The brand's innovations are driven by its aims and non-conformist spirit. In addition to the iconic square cube, Daddy has put new products on the market, such as sugar in the form of spades, hearts and diamonds, as well as round cubes, exclusive to Daddy, that are half the size of a square cube. Here are some of the brand's innovations:
Today, sugar cubes have become a product that consumers buy almost automatically, without thinking. And although they have always been present in French homes, they do not have enough appeal for young people, who rarely consume them.
Shake up hot drinks by inventing a new shape for Daddy cube sugar!
We are looking for a product design (shape of white sugar cubes, and their packaging) that only Daddy could launch – because it fits so well with the spirit of the brand, the current climate, and the consumer demand.
Your idea must comprise three elements:
- A design for the shape(s) of the cubes
- A visual of the pack
- Your answers to our questions
Think about the whole experience: from the time the consumer notices the new sugar cubes on the shelf and decides to buy them, to the time they are put away, at home, the office or a club, right up to the ritual of consuming it.
It is really important that your design embodies the original spirit of the Daddy brand.
The sugar cubes and the pack must be seen as very original. Your idea must be fun, technical, attractive... and in any case must appeal to consumers, not leave them indifferent, and, above all be inseparable from the spirit of the Daddy brand. Food and fun!
The challenge is to be both original and simple, as sugar cubes are an iconic product that meets industrial constraints that you must take into account. The main production constraints being that the cube must have two flat surfaces (top and bottom) as well as equal-sized edges. Also, avoid shapes that are too complex or too thin to be produced.
Think about the rituals consumers employ with sugar cubes when they have a hot drink, the relationship they will have with your product. Feel free to take inspiration from other products or categories. Another possibility may be to imagine how your design could make the sugar box stand out in the cupboard.
We are not looking for ideas for new sugar flavours (no additives) – we only want white sugar cubes.
The Daddy brand promotes creativity, an avant-garde and eccentric spirit, a truly upbeat tone and daring colour code. Your design must combine everything Daddy stands for.
Answer the following questions:
- What will you call your design?
- Where does your idea come from? What inspired you?
- Who is your design aimed at? Which consumers will buy it?
- How does your design embody the original spirit of the Daddy brand?
Os exemplos são fornecidos apenas para ilustrar as nossas expectativas. Favor não usá-los em sua apresentação ou ela será rejeitada.
A good idea for this contest could consist of interlocking cubes of sugar stored in a box.
Another good idea could be a selection of sugar cubes of several different sizes, to suit different uses.
A bad idea would be a proposal inspired by the game Tetris with sugar cubes in the shapes used in this famous game. Tetris is a registered trademark and it is impossible to use these shapes.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 2.000
- #2 Prêmio € 1.000
- #3 Prêmio € 500
2 pages with visuals, explanation and answers to the questions.
Critérios de seleção
Your design must respect all of the specified requirements and be original. The best designs will be those that appeal to the public, are easily associated with the Daddy brand and which only the Daddy brand could launch. Surprise us while remaining true to the spirit of the brand!
Daddy will select the designs that it could use to inspire its next innovations.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Integrate the Daddy logo and the brand name, available in the toolbox.
- Remember the requirements: white sugar, two flat surfaces and equal-sized edges
- Ideas can be submitted in French or English.
- Your design concerns white sugar cubes
- Avoid suggesting sugar cubes that copy or use the shape of original creations or trademarked products (cartoons, brands, commercial products, etc.). Your idea for the shape must be original. The aim is that the brand can use your shape directly.
- Daddy is a truly cool brand with an unconventional militant approach: "Every day we should put a good dose of humour and madness into our lives, because it really does us good to let go. So forget the routine be ultra-positive, for a rosier world!"
- Visit our website for more information: http://www.daddy.fr/
- As autorizações e licenças de uso de elementos protegidos (incluindo músicas, fotos…) devem incluir pelo menos: (i) o direito de incorporar os elementos protegidos em novas obras que são derivadas ou baseadas em estes elementos, (ii) o direito de uso para fins comerciais e (iii) o direito de usar na Internet. Você deve poder nos fornecer uma prova escrita dessas autorizações e licenças a qualquer momento.
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.