People house refugees in their homes: raise awareness of this citizen's movement!
SINGA France is an international citizen's movement, (a not-for-profit NGO governed by the French Act of 1901 founded in Paris in February 2012), aiming to come up with collective, innovative solutions for refugees.
SINGA is especially getting society involved in the refugees' cultural, artistic, entrepreneurial and professional projects. This unique scheme is a source of social innovation, driving cultural enhancement and creating employment.
Since June 2015, Singa has been leveraging the CALM platform to provide home-stay accommodation for single people, single-parent families and families enjoying international protection for 2-week to 6-month periods.
This scheme took shape because refugees were finding it difficult to get accommodation in France. The lack of information, the language barrier and the sheer complexity of Gallic red tape are all obstacles to finding accommodation and integrating. Fewer than 30% had a place in an Asylum Seekers Accommodation Centre, despite having the right to one. Others live with friends or family, others have no fixed address.
New schemes had to be set up as a matter of emergency. This was how CALM (standing for "Comme à la maison", or "like at home") was set up. CALM is a scheme to accommodate those enjoying international protection (refugees and stateless persons), who are put in touch with residents so they can stay with them on a temporary basis.
The positive reaction from the French public showed just how pertinent the CALM project is, proving that the French are ready to house refugees in their own homes.
Singa hopes to grow the resident community for more refugees to enjoy quality home-stay accommodation.
It is a matter of raising awareness of the CALM citizen's movement to encourage people with a spare room to house refugees.
As a not-for-profit NGO, Singa cannot give prizes to the winning designers. We do hope nonetheless that you will get involved in the cause behind this project.
Design a poster to raise general public awareness of the CALM platform and to encourage people with a spare bedroom to sign up and reach out to refugees in need of accommodation.
There are several points to keep in mind:
- CALM is a citizens' platform and a community of committed, united people in favour of better accommodation for refugees.
- CALM is not emergency housing, it isn't about free handouts, it's an accommodation network based on solidarity and citizenship. It's also an opportunity to meet people from elsewhere.
Your poster must promote CALM and encourage people to sign up to house a refugee, without guilting them into it! Be inventive to raise CALM visibility, break free from the stale clichés about refugees! Address the general public and try to reach out to as many people as possible.
Just as no refugee is the same as the next, those providing accommodation are also unique! Young, young at heart, families, singletons: anyone can accommodate someone!
Your poster must not focus on negative or heart-breaking refugee issues. Do not mention poverty, war, or being uprooted, for example.
Focus on creative, upbeat possibilities in encounters, discussion, empowerment, making a fresh start etc.
The posters will be used on social networks, in the press and on public transport.
Os exemplos são fornecidos apenas para ilustrar as nossas expectativas. Favor não usá-los em sua apresentação ou ela será rejeitada.
The type of poster we are looking for could show a French father cooking a dish with a man from Sudan. He's showing him how to cook 'farakh hala', a traditional Sudanese dish. The slogan would say something like: 'It's such fun, finding out about Sudanese food. Omar and Pierre, have lots in common, especially a love of good food!' '
Another example of a good poster: a woman studying at a desk. The slogan would say: 'Jodee, 32, Syrian, setting up a small business in Paris, with a little help from her friend Jean-Marc. CALM, real relations. '.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 0
- #2 Prêmio € 0
- #3 Prêmio € 0
- #4 Prêmio € 0
- #5 Prêmio € 0
Good-quality poster (portrait or landscape format)
Critérios de seleção
We will only consider entries that highlight a positive aspect of housing refugees. We will reject anything referring to war, exclusion and free handouts.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Since this contest is for a French NGO, your message must be visual and should not contain english words.
- See the CALM website
- Here, you can view videos about CALM
- Bear Singa's slogan in mind: 'Housing refugees strengthens society.' But don't mention it in your poster.
- Please use the logo and SINGA font provided in the tool box.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.