Help Pepsico invent a great and tasteful snack to have at friend’s gatherings
We have a new series of three contests for PepsiCo. They all involve different snacking occasions and challenge you to amaze us with new product ideas.
Participation in all three contests is not mandatory, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
Adults love to have friends over at home. These social gatherings are an opportunity to have a good time and share old and new stories. Treats and snacks are very important; they just help round up the occasion. But whoever is hosting has a problem: the snacks they offer have to be so great that everyone will love them. They want to look good!
They already offer all kinds of tasty snacks and treats for people around the world :
- Biscuits : Quaker cookies, Sladitas;
- Savory Snacks : Doritos, Lay’s, Ruffles, Tostitos, Cheetos;
- Nuts & seeds : Quaker Stila;
- Sweets: Milch chocolate bars, Inspireka etc.
If it is a snack, they can make it.
Wow us with a new snack that will help adults succeed whenever they host a social reunion.
The goal is to develop an innovative snack idea (product concept + ingredients + name + packaging design) that will make these people (men and women aged between 30 and 50) popular with their friends. It will help them delight and pamper their guests, but also show the great taste they have.
It is very important for adult women and men for their guests to have the best possible time when they come over. But it is also essential that they acknowledge their success. Hosting evening gatherings or weekend barbecues can be the perfect excuse for friends to see their great taste in decoration, the souvenirs they have brought home from their travels or the latest recipe that they learned to prepare.
The goal is to invent a snack that does the same. One that will not only satisfy friends' cravings, but also create a good impression and help them succeed socially by showing their great taste in food.
Think of ready-to-eat snacks. It can be anything sweet or savory, like cookies, chips, tortilla chips, candy, chocolate, peanuts, etc. Your idea has to be creative with ingredient mixes and new flavors. It is essential that the flavors and ingredients in your project reflect great taste. Foodie ingredients (like spices) or exotic or gourmet flavors are definitely ok.
In this case it could help to think about food pairings or the possibility of adding a little personal touch with a dip or a special preparation.
The snack should help people display their skills in an easy way.
Keep in mind that your product has to be a snack. It should neither substitute a meal nor be a side dish. Also it is important that it is not premium or too expensive. Everyone should be able to buy it and share it with friends.
Also consider the occasion. Think of snacks that can be shared or dipped. Amounts that will last a whole evening and everyone will have a chance to try them. The packaging and presentations are also important. They can give preparation tips or help the host to create an impact.
Os exemplos são fornecidos apenas para ilustrar as nossas expectativas. Favor não usá-los em sua apresentação ou ela será rejeitada.
E.g. It could be spiced popcorn that comes in beautiful cardboard boxes. The idea is to have a different flavored powder pouch in each popcorn box (garlic, butter and pepper, caramel and cinnamon, curry, etc.). There is a small preparation ritual for the host. The host needs to open the box, and sprinkle the flavor sachet on the popcorn. Close and then shake the box so that all the popcorn gets covered with the delicious flavor. The box itself has a nice decoration; it can look like a wooden basket. It is designed to sit at the center of the table where everyone can see it and reach it.
Could your product idea be used to create different snacks? If so, please also let us now about them.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 3.000
- #2 Prêmio € 1.400
- #3 Prêmio € 600
- #4 Prêmio € 500
Presentations with images and text (PDF only)
Critérios de seleção
It is important that your idea helps adults host great social reunions by helping them treat their friends whilst showing great taste.
The packaging should be perfect both for the snack and moment of shared consumption at social gatherings.
Pepsico will select winner ideas that address the needs in the most creative way.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Do not develop drinkable products. Focus on creating edible snacks like cookies, chips, chocolate bars, candy, etc.
- Make sure the concept is developed for adults aged between 30 and 50 years, who like to host reunions
- The idea has to be affordable for the consumer, and should not be premium or too exclusive
- Your creation should include an insightful and innovative product idea, ingredients, name and packaging design
- Make sure to clearly explain how your idea is both delicious and helps create a good impression
- It should be presented through visuals and a very clear description of the idea
- Your entry can be in English or Spanish
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.