Treat young guys with a delightful soft drink, by Mountain Dew.
We have a new series of three contests for the brand Mountain Dew. The brand looks to innovate and create new soft drinks, based on three routes.
Each of the three contests focuses on one specific route. Please read the details of each orientation carefully.
You are not obliged to participate in all three contests, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
Mountain Dew is not just a brand; it’s a way of life. Mountain Dew charges you to “Do you…and have a damn good time” - to be motivated by your passions for those things you love doing. Dew drinkers lead by boldly doing things their own way, and on their on your own terms, while standing as individuals within their community of friends.
Mountain Dew is unlike any other beverage. The citrus-flavored carbonated soft drink not only refreshes, but provokes you to turn your passions into acts of exhilarating fun. When you chug Mountain Dew, the bold flavor charges you and your friends to act when others talk. It’s perfect for on-the-go consumption, and provides the kick you need to perform.
Would you like to put your creativity at the service of this great brand? They look for innovative product ideas for active males aged 16 to 25 (highly connected and social).
Details on contest #2.
Innovation orientation: TREAT
Imagine that you have just completed a task that required concentration and focus – you’ve completed your day, finished a long drive, assignment, or performance, or performed a trick on your bike or skateboard – and you want to reward yourself. You deserve a moment of delight to break up the routine, and crave a beverage that has a delicious, satisfying taste, and truly gives you a rewarding experience.
Mountain Dew would like to invent this drink for you.
Create a new drink concept that Mountain Dew will offer to reward young males after they have completed something they should be very proud of.
It’s a new kind of drink, a real pleasure, something that is quite exceptional and a great experience.
We are looking for concepts that cover:
- A drink formula: your drink should have flavors and ingredients that will make the Dew drinker know that this is a beverage for those times when you want something special – it could be rich tasting, it could be indulgent …. Or it could be something else entirely, but it is the type of drink that will be a special treat to enjoy. Don’t hesitate to explore ways to make this unique, including the use of unique ingredients or developing an interesting and new taste profile.
- A packaging idea: you can work on graphic design only or structural packaging as well. You can either start with a traditional can or a plastic bottle but you can also reinvent all this if needed. The only mandatory element is that it is a smaller package than the usual format (12 ounce/355 ml can or 20 ounce/591ml bottle). Consider exploring playful packaging and ways to drink this beverage. But please have in mind that it should be something that Mountain Dew could develop in 2015-2016. It means that the package should not require huge changes (no “D” shaped bottles for instance).
- The story: give us details about the consumption context (moment and location), the people for whom you created the drink and the feelings experienced. Keep in mind it’s a reward, a treat. It’s not like a kid to whom you give a candy. It’s for people aged about 16-25.
Os exemplos são fornecidos apenas para ilustrar as nossas expectativas. Favor não usá-los em sua apresentação ou ela será rejeitada.
Start by thinking about what an 18 year-old skateboarder needs after he has exerted himself all day. What kind of drink would he want?
A good entry would be a drink that is packed into a small transparent can with green neon lettering. When you open the can there are small flecks that appear, floating in the drink. When you drink them, they are flavored and explode in your mouth. Sensations are incredible and unique. This drink is smooth, it hydrates, and is has a very satisfying taste.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 3.000
- #2 Prêmio € 1.500
- #3 Prêmio € 1.000
presentations with text and visuals, 5 pages max.
Critérios de seleção
We will be very careful while moderating the entries and will accept only those that follow the guidelines. Winners will be the very best product ideas, those that will provide “TREATS” on a whole other level.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Your drink should not be an energy drink, although it does provide a kick.
- It should be bold in flavor and color, Mountain Dew is anything but dull and boring;
- It should be carbonated..
- It should not be too girly, soft or delicate.
- Make sure your product idea covers three areas: drink formula, packaging, story.
- Remember that Mountain Dew is for active and independent people aged from 16 to 25.
- Download assets from the toolkit.
- Please, do not change the logo.
- Make sure you are not too close to any other existing products. They are all listed here.
- Only entries written in English will be accepted
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.