Turn coffee into a hip, sought-after Chinese New Year gift.
Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is the most important event for the Chinese population (like Christmas in the Western world). It is a time for families, friends and colleagues to gather and celebrate the start of the New Year, wishing each other good health, longevity, luck, happiness and wealth. Exchanging carefully-chosen gifts is customary to send New Year wishes and to share happiness among friends, relatives and colleagues.
Many companies go out of their way to create unique, limited-edition gift packages for their products, to transform them into desirable New Year presents. That even applies to everyday items such as coffee. While tea remains the most popular drink, young, educated people from 20 to 35 years old are starting to enjoy drinking coffee, especially the instant type that comes in jars, sachets or sticks, like Nescafe’s products (view here). Now we need your help to transform Nescafé’s instant coffees into a cool and sophisticated gift for Chinese New Year, to send best wishes and sharing happiness among friends, colleagues and relatives.
Create a cool yet aspirational and sophisticated Chinese New Year gift pack for Nescafé instant coffees that will become the most talked-about present among young (20 to 35), educated Chinese during social gatherings.
You can focus on either the ready-mixes that come in sachets or sticks or the pure instant coffee that comes in jars or sachets. People will want to buy your limited-edition pack to send New Year wishes and they will probably drink the coffee with friends, colleagues or family. As coffee drinkers in China tend to be educated, young and trendy, your design needs to be modern, sophisticated and fashionable, while of course being in tune with the Chinese New Year celebration, showing quality and importance as a mark of respect for the gift recipient.
Do not reinvent the actual product’s shape or materials (the sachet, the jar or the sticks). You can suggest ideas for the artwork design on these sachets, labels or jars and of course focus your creative energy on putting them into another, original Chinese New Year gift pack. This could be a box, pack or any form of “container” for the products, as well as add any item you feel would deliver a great Chinese New Year coffee experience.
In addition to a gift idea, tell us the story about why people would buy it, find it desirable and how they would use it.
You can see pictures of Nescafé ready-mix sachets, sticks and jars here.
Nescafé has already launched some gift packs in the past that you can see here. We want you to come up with something better, more original and more unique.
These examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Imagine a gift pack with a golden Chinese fortune-telling compass (which looks like a big dial). On the dial there are different types of coffee, and personality types. People can find out what the best coffee flavor for them is according to their personality. The pack includes a variety of coffee flavours to match each individual. People will have fun when they are together, finding out what type of personality they have and what coffee they should be drinking, and compare it with their friends. They may even want to talk about it on social media, creating further buzz.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 4.000
- #2 Prêmio € 3.000
- #3 Prêmio € 1.000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
Critérios de seleção
Do not suggest just adding a free cup and a booklet to a wooden box... We are looking for original gift pack ideas that will really get young people in China to notice and talk about them and want to give or receive them.
Your gift-pack idea could be turned into a real pack that will be launched in China for Chinese New Year 2015.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Entries are accepted in English and Chinese
- Include the Nescafé logo in your creation.
- Nescafé is a leading coffee brand so your gift idea must reflect its quality and expertise.
- Colour codes: use colours that are coffee- or Chinese New Year-related (brown, red, gold, etc.). Do not use blue or green as these are used by competitors. Don’t use white or black are these have different connotations in Chinese culture and are not used for celebrations, but for mourning.
- Tell us the story of why people would buy your special Chinese New Year Nescafé gift pack, find it desirable and how would they use it.
- Do not make it too expensive to produce or too impractical to store on a supermarket shelf.
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.