Find the solution to make meals more enjoyable for owners and their pet.
Purina believes that life is better when pets are around. Cats and dogs bring so much joy. They are often true soulmates to their owners. They greet them at the door when they come home; they cuddle up to them at night, they support them during tough moments in life. They entertain them with their antics. That is what owning a pet is about. It’s all about true moments of unconditional love and friendship. Pets and people are better together.
In your busy life, feeding your cat or dog is one of the few moments where you truly interact with your pet. It has to be a moment that both enjoy. It can be a chore … or an opportunity to bond. A chore because you don’t like the smell of the food and you don’t want to touch it too much. The product is often not very appetizing from a human point of view. On the pet’s side it’s the same... Since pets don’t talk, it is hard to know what they think. Is it happy with the food you give it? It is just eating it because it is hungry? Or will it clean up the bowl? Pets have taste too! As a pet owner, you want to offer it more enjoyable meals.
What ideas in terms of food or drink do you have to make feeding time more pleasurable for a dog/cat and its owner?
Find an idea for a new product, a packaging, or an accessory that will make feeding time a more pleasurable experience for a dog or a cat and its owner.
Your idea can work during feeding time and also just before or after the meal. Imagine how it can foster more pleasure for the pet and more pleasant interactions for the owner.
Consider pets' senses: smell, sight, taste, hearing and touch. Look at how the food is served. How can both a pet and its owner mutually enjoy this moment?
Please take time to explain why you think your idea is a good one and how it solves a problem occurring during the feeding process. If you want to show us a video of the identified problem, you can upload it online and add the link to your entry. Pictures and illustrations are welcomed too.
Your idea should appeal to cats or dogs, and their owners. It will help Purina design the next innovation for their brands.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use these in your submission or it will be rejected.
When creating your entry, think of a problem an owner can have when feeding a dog or a cat. Or think about a problem from a pet’s point of view. Once you have identified your problem, think of ways to address it.
You can consider senses: smell, sight, taste, hearing and touch. Think about the product's appearance to please both owner and pet. How can the smell be improved? In terms of tastes, do you know anything about what pets like? Flavor, texture...a lot can be reinvented!
Now, look at how the food is served. Think about how convenient it is for an owner to use packages of pet food.
Before serving the meal, the dog is around you, restless, barking and making it difficult for you to feed it. How can these steps be improved?
An example of entry for this contest: The problem is that dogs get bored with the same food every time. So the solution is a meal that always stimulates them. It contains some exotic new proteins to appeal to the dog’s taste buds and to increase their overall wellbeing. It is made of two packs, one with dry meat and the other with fruits such as apples, figs and berries. Every day the owner can change the proportion of each type of food to keep the dog happy and stimulated. If you wanted to reward the dog you would give it more meat and, on the contrary, if it was sick, you would add more fruit to the mixture. It will make both owner and pet happy.
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 3.000
- #2 Prêmio € 1.500
- #3 Prêmio € 500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
Critérios de seleção
We will only accept entries that make the feeding experience more enjoyable for both the owner AND the pet. Entries must also provide a solution to a problem. Purina would like to understand the frustrations and problems that pet owners have when it comes to feeding their pet, and also the needs and desires of a cat or dog when being fed by its owner.
Winners will be the best illustrated entries and those that bring an original solution to a genuine problem.
Orientações para esse concurso
- Your idea can be either a product: food, drink or snack; or a new packaging idea for a pet food product, or even an accessory.
- In order to understand what Purina is about and what they bring to pets and pet owners, please watch the videos in the summary page.
- To get an idea of what a dog is like when it’s enjoying its food, watch this.
- If you would like to use Purina’s logo, please download it from here.
- Your entry should be in English.
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.