Can you turn basic geo-tagged data into in a stunning video for Shazam?
Today guys, we have a very special brief for you. This is an unusual challenge as it requires a combination of both technical programming and design skills. But we hope some of you have this skillset, and have been waiting for a brief like this!
We are looking for creators who can work with xml data, are creative and good animators at the same time! We bet you know Shazam - the app that lets you discover, explore, buy, and share music – and, now, people can use Shazam to tag TV shows and ads to access more information.
Shazam is providing geo-coded data showing where and when their users tagged a specific piece of audio content. This data is available to you as an xml file.
How amazing would it be to be able to visualize this data as a stunning time-lapsed video!
We challenge you to turn standard, basic data into a stunning 60 sec video showing where and when a piece of audio content was tagged over an 14 hour period by Shazam users across the US.
In your video, we will need to see a map of the USA, showing where and when the tagging occurred... and the rest is up to you.
To take on this challenge, you must be able to deal with both aspects:
- the programming skills (being able to create a kind of "program" that takes the data from the xml file and feed it to the application or software you use to create your video).)
- the creative part: finding a nice way to visualize the data in an impressive and engaging time-lapsed video.
The winner will work with Shazam over the coming months and will be asked to produce additional such videos using the same visualization technique, but different data.
Important: To qualify as a winner, you will need to prove that once given a new set of data, you can produce a similar video in under 5 hours.
There are not many tips we can give you… Either you are able to produce this kind of video and reproduce it again with other data, or you are not. This is an unusual challenge because of its requirement for some programming and design skills.
For some initial design ideas, take a look at the following video:
- this is a good style reference in terms of how tags could be represented: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
Prêmio do Júri
- #1 Prêmio € 5.000
Videos and animation, no longer than 60 sec.
Critérios de seleção
There are two parts in this competition, and one will not work without the other.
The winner will:
- Produce a great looking video based on the data we provide here;
- Be able to meet the technical requirements (throughput data in 5 hours) and work with Shazam on any future visualization videos.
Orientações para esse concurso
- The xml file with the data to use for this contest is provided here.
- The data is only US localized. Hence the need to visualize this data on a US map.
- The quality of the execution is important. We would like to see stunning videos. You have to find a way to create a great looking time lapsed video on a map of the US.
- There is no point for participants in submitting the entry if you are not able to fulfill the second part of the contest which is: being able to produce within 5 hours a new video based on your template, with new data that Shazam will give you.
- If you are selected as a winner, Shazam will provide you some data to test your capability in producing a new video with other data, based on your template. If the test is concluded, you will be the provider of this type of video for Shazam. Terms of the contract would be: you will be warned in advance by Shazam of the date and time when new data will be provided to you and once you receive the data, you will have to produce the video within 5 hours. Compensation would be around 2000 € per video produced.
Orientações habituais da eYeka
- Não coloque quaisquer detalhes pessoais na criação (nome, número de contato, endereço de e-mail, etc.)
- Mantenha no seu computador uma versão de alta qualidade da sua criação para ser usada se você for selecionado como vencedor.
- A sua criação tem que ser o seu próprio trabalho para ser considerada no concurso.
- Você precisa ter obtido a permissão escrita de cada um dos autores e atores que contribuíram para o mídia.
- Se você tem algum trabalho (música, fotos, desenhos etc.) que não seja de sua autoria, por favor declare em sua descrição do mídia se a música e/ou imagem(ns) que você usou é(são) sua própria criação e forneça links para a licença concedendo para você os direitos de o(s) usar.
- eYeka vai lhe pedir para fornecer prova escrita ou uma cópia de todos os documentos escritos que confirmam tais autorizações permitindo a eYeka e os seus clientes de usar a criação em conformidade com os termos do regulamento do concurso.
- Qualquer criação que não cumprir essas regras não será considerada para o concurso.